Are you interested in working with us? We are looking for a paid fashion copywriter intern, who is interested in the infusion of African luxury fashion and amazing content.
Our team is very keen in identifying topics and stories that appeal to our audience. We create and distribute content that helps establish ONCHEK Blog, THEINSIGHT, as a trusted source of African luxury fashion information, inspiration, and commerce. A successful candidate would enjoy writing marketing content for fashion topics such as culture, styling tips, fabrics, "how to" and history.
If you are thrilled about learning new things and excelling at it, then this is an opportunity for you. If you welcome fluidity in your role and enjoy being a self-starter, then this could be fun for you. If you prefer structure, then this opportunity might be challenging.
This internship position will work with the content creator lead in coordinating content production.
ONCHEK.com is a New York based African Luxury Fashion ecommerce startup. We are making African Luxury Fashion easily accessible to the world.
- Write content for the ONCHEK blog, product descriptions, and our social media handles
- Research, write, and/or edit many other types of content, which could include: emails, articles, social media posts, editorials, presentations, emails, and web copy
- Work with team members to brainstorm, develop, create, and promote content that appeals to our global audience
- Help manage and maintain all the behind-the-scenes systems and processes that keep us running well: editorial calendars, content inventories, analytics, etc.
- Ability to turn ideas into compelling concepts/copy
- Ability to flexibly adapt your writing style to our audience
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Experience working in customer service is a plus
- Experience with Photoshop, Google Analytics, HTML, video editing, social media marketing is a major plus
- Passion for the written word, creativity, and content marketing
- Demonstrated aptitude for storytelling
- Entrepreneurial, team player
- Excitement for all aspects of content development - idea generation, research, writing, gathering input and buy in, editing, collaborating with web designer/developer. For watching your work make impact
- A healthy respect for deadlines, and the drive to see projects through to completion
- Motivated to learn new skills and disciplines
- Self motivated/ self starter
- Willing to try new things
- HTML and CSS experience will be helpful
What You Will Learn:
- The ability to move fast in decision making
- Growing a fashion startup
- Wearing different hats at the same time
- Quick reiteration
- Candidate should be willing to work between 10-20 hours a week and can be remote.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org